Due to the impending summer season, I have begrudgingly cut out carbs from my diet. I’ve managed to avoid all bread baskets and pasta for the past month. However, my most missed indulgence is definitely NYC pizza. I didn’t want to miss out on the monthly ritual where Jordan and I finish off a whole pie in front of reality TV. So, I improvised with a cauliflower crust pizza. Making fun of JoJo and the bachelor contestants was still enjoyable, but now with zero carb guilt.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese or Crumbled Goat Cheese (or go halfsies)
- 1 Tsp of Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp of Minced Garlic
- Pinch of Salt
- Marinara Sauce
- Pizza Toppings of Your Choosing
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Cut a head of cauliflower into florets. Pulse the florets in a food processor until it resembles a rice-like texture. If you don’t own a food processor, you can grate the florets.
- Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and nuke for 5-7 minutes or until cooked.
- Once cool, place the cooked cauliflower in a dish towel or cheesecloth and wring out. This step sounds annoying but it’s super important to get a crisp crust. Also, the most water will come out, which is pretty satisfying.
- In a large bowl, mix egg, spices, and 3/4 cup of cheeses until combined.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment. Now flatten ‘dough’ to 1/3-1/4 inch thick.
- Bake pizza crust for 40 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and dress pizza with sauce, additional 1/4 cup of cheese and toppings.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Pretend it’s real pizza.